Wednesday 31 July 2013

The Liebster Award - I Was Nominated!

When I checked my emails and twitter feed this morning I was over the moon to discover that the lovely Erin from This Is Law By Erin (check her out!). This was such as nice feeling because the award is so helpful to newbie bloggers just like myself and the other nominees. Thank you Erin!


I didn't know much about this award before today but it is so cool and a good way to get to know other bloggers, so here are the rules:



  • give 10 random facts about yourself
  • answer the 10 questions given by the tagger
  • choose 10 bloggers with under 200 followers to pass the award on to and link them in your post
  • create 10 new questions for the bloggers you choose
  • notify them of their nomination
  • no tag backs

so lets gets in to it!

10 random facts about me:
  • I'm a cheerleader! I joined a cheerleading team when I started university and I love it, we even compete against other teams which is very very fun.
  • I'm currently studying for a Geography degree which I'm really enjoying, but I still don't know what I want to do when I hopefully graduate.
  • I cannot stand fizzy drinks! A lot of people don't understand this but there's something about the bubbles I just cannot cope with.
  • I watch YouTube religiously  Seriously. I'm subscribed so loads of channels but I love watching daily vlogs, especially ItsJudysLife and the SacconeJolys. 
  • I'm an only child, but my best friend is my next door neighbour so when I was growing it up was kind of like having a sibling around. I consider myself so lucky to have my best friend about 6 steps away!
  • When I started university the girl next door to me in our halls was doing the same course (geography), was from the same town and had the same music, tv tastes etc, everything and we even knew the same people! We were so similar and had come from the same town but never even knew each other before we were randomly assigned as hallmates at university! We're the best of friends now and it was definitely fate.
  • When I was a little girl I had a freaky resemblance to the girl who played Matilda. People used to approach me just to tell me I looked like her - my parents loved it!
  • My favourite film is The Holiday. Just writing this right now is making me want to watch it.
  • I'm going to Los Angeles and Chicago in 5 weeks and I cannot contain my excitement about it.
  • I'm addicted to playing The Simpsons: Tapped Out app. Its like Sim City but for the Simpson family - love it!

Erin's Questions:

1) What or who inspired you to start blogging?- I randomly googled a beauty product one day and ended up on a lovely blog which made me want to make one myself so I took the plunge and did it. Wish I could find that blog now!

2) Whats in your handbag right now?- Purse, Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer, iPad Mini, iPod and headphones, house keys, an EOS lipbalm and my Costa Coffee Card. There's probably a lot more junk in there that I don't know about as well, hahaha.

3) Fashion or beauty?- Beauty! I love make-up sooo much.

4) Leggings or jeans?- Leggings because I feel like they're a lot more comfier and keep me warmer in the winter!

5) What puts the 'best' in your best friend?- Being able to tell them absolutely anything without worrying that they'll judge you or not understand.

6) What shade of lipstick are you loving right now?- Well its more of a lip stain but the Loreal GlamShine Stain Splash in 820 Princess.

7) What's your favourite way to wear your hair?- Down and straight but I try to refrain from this as my hair has become so damaged over the past year!

8) Name one fashion item, one beauty item and one other item you could not live without.- Fashion would have to be my ALDO brown leather riding boots because they're so versatile. Make-up would have to be my Boujois Healthy Mix foundation which I constantly repurchase. Other than that, I have a huge attatchment to my rose gold monogram necklace and I wear it with most outfits.

9) What's your favourite DIY item lately?- High waisted denim shorts. I've found them hard to find in shops in the way that I want them or they're ridiculously overpriced (I'm looking at you, American Apparel) so I've started making them.

10) What's the last outfit you worse out lately?- A chunky A&F Navy Cableknit cardigan, a baggy white Gilly Hicks Vest top with a longer cami underneath to cover my bum seen as I had black leggings on. Shoes were navy blue TOMS. So much for Summer, right?!

My Nominees:
I really put a lot of effort into finding the blogs I wanted to nominate and I really love all these ladies so I can't wait to read the posts!

Lydia Rose - http://www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk/
Chelsea - http://chubbysticksandcrumpets.blogspot.co.uk/
Robyn - http://vintageisavirtue.blogspot.co.uk/
Abbey - http://abbeylovesbeauty1.blogspot.co.uk/
Natasha - http://beautybytash.blogspot.com.au/
Bella - http://bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
Jessica - http://vazquezb.blogspot.co.uk/
Emily - http://bambisbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
Ria - http://www.naturiabeauty.com/
Lucy - http://thelittleblush.blogspot.co.uk/

My questions:

1. What's your favourite song right now?
2. Best memory of 2013 so far. 
3. Your 'holy grail' make up product. 
4. One fashion trend you don't like. 
5. Best fashion/beauty tip you have in 10 words or less. 
6. If you could only wear one of these at at time would you pick mascara or foundation? 
7. One thing you would never leave the house without. 
8. Shorts or skirts? 
9. Country you would most like to visit that you haven't Already. 
10. All time favourite tv show. 



Thanks for reading,
Ellen x

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your nomination! And great blog :) I'm following!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing random facts about bloggers! Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lovely, great post and great blog!

    Now following! :)

    Please check out my blog if you can! xoxo

    ReplyDelete