Thursday 8 August 2013

Review: EOS Lipbalms

Hello Lovelys!

If like me you watch a lot of American beauty vloggers/gurus on YouTube then you may be familiar with the EOS (Evolution of Smooth) lip balms that a lot of them rave about. They're like little colourful eggs with a dome of lip balm inside - pretty unusual compared to the average lip product. They looked so intriguing and I was eager to try one, and now I can say that I'm very glad I did.



I have to admit I wondered if they were just a novelty product but I was pleasantly surprised by how well they work. Unlike a lot of lip balms I found them to all absorb into the lips quickly without leaving that greasy residue that seems to just sit on your lips without doing much. I also noticed that my lips were far less chapped than usual especially in the winter months, which didn't happen when I was using Vaseline lip balms or other drugstore favourites.



It's now a bit of a tradition for me to buy a new one of these every time I visit the USA. They come in a variety of scents/flavours and every now and again they bring out some exclusives or limited edition balms. I currently have Summer Fruit (red packaging), Sweet Mint (blue packaging) and Strawberry Sorbet (pink packaging). I love them all and as you can see the Summer Fruit I have is on its last legs but is still going after almost 2 years of regular use! If I had to recommend one I'd suggest Sweet Mint, this feels so soothing on the lips and really refreshing, not to mention it tastes divine! Other varieties include Tangerine, Honeysuckle and Lemon Drop (this one has SPF15!).

Unfortunately these aren't widely available in the UK and I picked all mine up from US drugstores. However, I did a bit of online research and if you really want to try one of these you could order one from Amazon. They're a little pricey compared to some other lip balms at around £5-£6 including delivery (they're $3.99 in the US so there isn't too much difference) but they're definitely worth it in my opinion. Here's the link if you fancy a browse!

Thanks for reading, 
Ellen x

4 comments:

  1. I heard a lot about them ! I really need to try !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try these! $3.99 is like £2.50 though so they're like double the price on amazon if they are £5-6 :(

    Anna xo
    www.annarozanska.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first noticed this when I watched Miley Cyrus' music video - ahh the wonders of product placement! I'm still in two minds about whether to purchase one or not. Even if it's a good product, I feel like the main selling point is in the novelty of the shape. I'll definitely try one if they bring back the special edition blueberry one though :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so cool, I've seen them in lots of vlogs as well as other American tv shows or Miley Cyrus' music video ha! I really want to try them but I don't know where they would be available.

    Love your blog too!xx

    prideandpedicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete