Sunday 28 July 2013

skin care favourites

I'm so pleased to finally be writing my first proper post!



I wanted to share three products from my skin care routine that have made a huge difference to my face over the few months I have been using them all together. My skin is dry combination but lately I've been prone to getting a few spots here and there so I'm trying to give my skin the best care possible, especially after covering it in make up most days.



1. Clinique 'all about eyes' - I thought I needed eye cream before I started using this but holy moly, it's worked wonders. Like many I have dark circles under my eyes and I'm desperate to make them less noticeable and this is really doing the job. It soaks in so quickly and the salmon-y tint helps to offset the darker tones around my eyes. This is just the mini 7ml pot but I'll definitely repurchase the full size.

'all about eyes' is available here (both online and in selected stores) from Boots, £25 for 15ml.

A closer look at the Clinique 'all about eyes' packaging

2. Boots Vitamin E Moisture Lotion - This is a really inexpensive product I bought a few years ago on a whim and having recently repurchased I've fallen in love all over again. For me it doesn't soak in that quick and smells a bit like sun cream, but it's worth it for the results. My skin feels so much more hydrated and it makes a huge difference to the way my foundation looks when I apply this beforehand. Definitely the best high street moisturiser I've tried.

Vitamin E Moisture Lotion is available online and in stores from Boots. 100ml for £2.85. Bargain!

3. Anne French Deep Cleansing Milk - Not going to lie, this is not something I would pick up if I saw it on a shelf in Boots. However, my mum recently informed me that this was a favourite of hers back in the day and it's had a bit of a 21st century revival. After borrowing hers I don't think I'll ever use anything else to remove my make up. This is so effective at getting rid of make up and such and is so moisturing rather than drying which I found with wipes. Cannot recommend this enough.

Available here from Superdrug at £3.99 for 200ml - but check your local savers store where I got mine for under £3.


Hopefully these products may help you as much as they help me!

Ellen x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! The Boots moisturiser and the cleansing milk both sound fab. I've heard a lot of good things about the Clinique eye cream, too, but never got round to trying it.

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely recommend them both, cleansing milk is my holy grail now! I was the same with the eye cream but snagged a free sample in one of those free gifts so look out for that :)xx

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of the Clinique eye cream! great post x

    ReplyDelete